On January 1, 1997, Affiliated Equipment opened their doors for business and presented their Commercial Television Production customers in Toronto an option that was designed as a complete production solution. The first itself became not just a day but a mission statement that would lead the way for Affiliated Equipment from its modest beginnings over a decade ago, well into the future. Of all the firsts that AE has achieved, there is one that stands above the rest and that is, for better or worse, to always be the equipment rental company that thought like a producer.
Other Affiliated Equipment Historical Career Firsts
- The first in Toronto to become completely CSA approved.
- The first in Toronto to offer square wave electronic ballast HMI’s on package trucks.
- The first and only in Toronto to focus their support directly towards the commercial production
industry ensuring product availability.
- The first in Toronto to develop and offer 24 hour access pick up/return cages.
- The first and only in Toronto to establish a double time maximum for package truck drivers.
- The first in Toronto to make Kino-Flo lights part of truck packages.
- The first and only in Toronto to provide P.A. personal vehicle and overnight cube van parking.
- The first in Toronto to offer consistent flat rates on whole equipment truck and camera packages.
- The first and only in Toronto to expand the truck package to accommodate today’s larger productions
AE4 a.k.a “The Death Star”.