AE Equipment Pick-up and Return Procedures
The following procedures have been put into place to mitigate risk to customers and AE employees:
- Prior to entering the building, all customers are required to self-assess for the following criteria10: (1) symptoms of fever, cough or difficulty breathing; (2) contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days; (3) current instruction by local public health authorities to self-isolate due to travel. If the answer is “yes” to any of these questions, the individual may not enter the building and should follow local public health advice.
- Customers will be responsible for loading/unloading all equipment to/from appropriate cage. No AE employees will be present in the cage area while equipment is being loaded by customers. Therefore production must anticipate that they require 2 able bodied PA’s if sending any vehicle (smaller than a cube van) unable to utilize the dock leveller.
- Customers will not have access to washroom facilities or any other areas of the building and must plan their work schedule accordingly.
- Only one job will be permitted to load/unload equipment at a time. It is essential that Production Managers schedule a pick-up time with AE in advance.
- In the case of any unexpected delays, customers are encouraged to contact AE to reschedule their pick-up time, to ensure there will not be overlap with other jobs.
- In the case that a customer arrives outside of their scheduled pick-up time and other job is on-site, the late customer will be required to remain in their vehicle until the cage has been cleared of all other customers and AE employees.
- Handling of light and grip equipment and entry to the cage area has been restricted to 3 designated AE employees who have been trained on use of PPE, equipment handling and disinfection procedures;
- All equipment will be cleaned and disinfected prior to being loaded in the cage(s). AE employees will use a new pair of disposable gloves when loading each job and dispose of these gloves upon completion of this work. Cases, handles and/or any other points of contact will be wiped down with a disinfecting solution upon being placed in the cage as a precautionary measure9.
- All points of contact will be cleaned and disinfected between customer pick-ups.
- AE employees will ensure that all surfaces which customers be may required to come in contact with during equipment return are cleaned and sanitized prior to their entry. This includes door handles, locks, key pads, etc.
- Efforts should be made to minimize the number of individuals entering the building. Ideally, no more than 2 persons will be designated to load/unload gear, however, it is recognized that some occasions may require more than 2 individuals.